1. Proceeds from the race goes to GECKO (www.joingecko.org) a 501c3 Pagosa Springs based charity that raises money to get kids off the couch, unplugged and outside!
3. All online entries are guaranteed a limited edition XTERRA Pagosa Springs Coolmax Multi-sport Sock
4. Inaugural event and the first time that Lake Pagosa has been opened for swimming
5. It's a Wet suit swim
6. Race on a spectacular trail system. You'll traverse the edges of narrow rim canyons with incredible vistas and mountain views. It's mostly fast flowing single track but you'll need to be on your game as there is a couple of technical sections. The winding trail system works you through spectacular Ponderosa and Aspen forests, which makes it rooty and rocky underfoot.
7. Special GECKO adobe finisher medals made by the local elementary school art class
8. Handcrafted metal work trophies made by local artist Scott Slind
9. Top Sponsor Partners for on course fuel and great SWAG!
10. Killer after party at The View Restaurant & Bar, Quality Resort & Suites
11. Why not take advantage of Pagosa Springs and soak in the Hot Springs afterwards!
12. Accommodation partners including The Quality Resort & Suites and Mountain Landing offering 15% discount to all GECKO athletes